Does the City of Lynwood have a Section 8 housing program?
- No, to obtain Section 8 information contact the Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles at 562-347-4663 or to find specific information on the program click on the following link: http://www.lacdc.org/CDCWebsite/AH/Home.aspx
Does the City of Lynwood have a First Time Homebuyer’s Program?
- No, at this time the City does not have a First Time Homebuyer’s Program however you may contact Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles at 310-323-HOME for available housing.
Who do I call about tenant and/or landlord disputes?
- For all tenant/landlord disputes contact the Fair Housing Foundation at (800) 446-3247 or to find specific information about programs and services visit the following website: http://www.fairhousingfoundation.com/
Does the City of Lynwood have rent control?
- No, the City does not have rent control.
What is the status of the Angeles Fields project?
- During its regularly scheduled meeting of August 19, 2008, the Lynwood Redevelopment Agency (Agency) voted to terminate the First Amendment to Amended and Restated Exclusive Negotiation Agreement dated July 17, 2007 between the Agency and Lynwood Promenade, LLC., and the Exclusive Negotiation Agreement dated July 17, 2007 between the Agency and Solie Gracie, LLC. These two actions essentially release the Agency from any further or future obligation to discuss or negotiate with the two developers, Lynwood Promenade, LLC and Solie Gracie, LLC., regarding their proposed mixed-use project commonly referred to as the “Angeles Fields Project.”
As a homeowner facing foreclosure who do I contact for immediate assistance?
- For immediate assistance contact Neighborworks Counseling Center at (888)-995-HOPE or visit the following website: http://www.995hope.org
Does the City of Lynwood offer any assistance to homeowners for home improvements?
- Yes, the City offers three different programs to assist homeowners with home improvements. To obtain information contact the Redevelopment Department at 310-603-0220, ext. 601.
Does the City of Lynwood have property available for sale?
- No, the City currently does not have any properties for sale.
Does the City of Lynwood offer any assistance to business owners for business improvements?
- No, the City does not have any funding available at this time to assist business owners.